Archive

3 Mar 2018

Exit west


"BOOKS THAT I LOVE"


LUCIA'S BLOG

December 19th 2017

Exit west

Moshin Hamid. 2017

"When we migrate we murder from our lives those we leave behind"

"We are all migrants through time"

With his last novel the Pakistani Moshin Hamid deals again with the most universal and current issue, migration. As usual, his view is absolutely original because from the subjectivity of a personal story we get to understand and specially to feel very close to this global subject ...

PLOT

A young couple meet in a more and more violent city where a civil war soon breaks out. In this situation fleeing while it is posible is the only solution for them. The reader will walk with Saed and Nadia in Mikonos, London and San Francisco and he makes it possible for us to witness a trip both through the world and in the characters' soul.

MY MIND AND RECOMMENDATION

It is not by chance that I chose this book. Last course I read "The reluctant fundamentalist" by the same author and when I knew that Moshin Hamid had published a new book I could not wait to thumb it. I guarantee that "Exit West" will not disappoint you. The writer is a very good story teller and his novels capture the reader from the beginning. Furthermore, his narrative is always unconventional and you will enjoy yourself a lot with his creativity. As you can see, it is well worth reading Moshin Hamid's last work.





1 comment:

  1. I will certainly follow your advice and read this book as I also very much liked "The reluctant fundamentalist". Thank you, Lucía.

    ReplyDelete